VPSrobots allows easy implementation of websites backup and restoration to/from your remote storages. Currently, VPSrobots supports Amazon AWS S3 and Dropbox as your remote storage, these economical and widely-used remote storages are good ways to ensure that you can recover your sites quickly if anything happens to your sites.
This article walks you through how to quickly get access keys(access key ID and secret access key) as well as the bucket information for your Amazon S3 storage, which will be needed to connect to your Amazon S3 storage with VPSrobots:
1. Create a new account and sign in to the AWS Management Console as the AWS account root user.
2. Navigate to My Account, choose My Security Credentials from the drop-down menu.
3. After that, a window will pop up warning that you’re accessing the security credentials for your AWS account. Choose Continue to Security Credentials.
4. Visit Access keys (access key ID and secret access key) section and open it.
5. Choose Create New Access Key.
6. A window showing your access keys will then pop up, choose Download Key File to save it to your computer, because you can not retrieve this secret access key again after this step.
Now you have obtained the Key and the Secret Key. However, before you can back up your websites and upload the files to Amazon S3 using VPSrobots, you still need to create a Amazon S3 bucket to store your data in:
1. Open drop-down menu of Service >> go to Storage >> choose S3.
2. Choose Create bucket to bring up the create page.
3. Enter the Bucket name and choose the AWS Region where you want the bucket to reside. Click Next when you’re finished.
4. Set properties for the bucket. This is optional as you can do it after you create the bucket. Click Next.
5. Choose the permissions that are set on the bucket, which can be modified after creation of the bucket. Click Next when you’re finished.
6. Confirm the settings and choose Create bucket if they are correct.
Now that you’ve successfully created a Amazon S3 bucket as the container for your website backups to store in, after you set your Amazon S3 information on VPSrobots: access key ID, secret access key, Bucket name, Bucket region, you can schedule backups of your websites and restore them at any time, to make sure your websites are always safe.