About Backup on VPSrobots
Backups save you from data loss, meanwhile, backup is never an easy job especially when you’re managing many websites, as it consumes huge time and efforts to perform backups and keep them fresh. Use VPSrobots to back up websites to your remote Amazon S3 storage, you’ll enjoy the following privileges and convenience:
- Two backup options are available there: on-demand backups and automated backups. You can set up a daily or monthly backup as needed.
- VPSrobots backs up websites that are up to 20GB in size.
- By default, you can have 4 backups for each site preserved in storage. The oldest backup will be automatically purged when a new one performs.
How dose a backup process on VPSrobots?
- Launch VPSrobots client and connect to your Linux servers.
- Set destination storage
Click and open Option menu from the top tool bar, then switch to the Remote Storage page. Now you can set your Amazon S3 storage account information and name the destination directory for backup packages. After settings, click Apply button for them to take effect.
- Install VPSrobots server-end for a server
Backup on VPSrobots requires the installation of VPSrobots server-end. Click and Open Websites Backup interface from the Navigation Panel. Select a connected server from the drop-down list. Click Install button to start the process.
- Back up Now
Click Backup Now button to tell VPSrobots to back up the website immediately. You can view the process visually in the lower part of the panel.
- Schedule a backup
Set a schedule for an automatic backup then switch on the schedule.
- Manage All backups
Click All backups button to open the backup package manager so that you can perform options like downloading the package to local or deleting it.
VPSrobots can meet your backup needs very well. To check how to perform website restoring and migrating (VPS to VPS) on the same client, see our guides: